yes... adoption pronounced!


This morning it finally arrived, the email we’d been waiting for such a long time... The adoption has been pronounced and we should start planning our trip. I can’t begin to describe how I feel. I feel like I’m in a bubble, it’s finally happening. Soon we will be with our son after what seems like an eternity.  Happiness, relief and excitement that we can finally say it is official. And the excitement and happiness is shared by everyone. Messages have been coming nonstop and everyone is so happy. It’s the end of one long journey and the beginning of another one even more exciting than this one. Am I ready? Yes I am... I know it is going to be a hard journey at times but I know I am not alone and with the support of my amazing husband, family and friends yes, I feel ready to love my son, to teach him how wonderful life is and to embrace him as my own.

"Not of my blood, no genetic trace. No lineage known, no noble race. Not of my womb, but of my heart. And of my life, a special part. " (from the book Whose lovely child can you be)

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4

frustration...

Back to school...