written court order...


My heart is beating like a jungle drum... today I received the written court order! Only two weeks after the judgement, believe me this is fast, some families wait a lot longer. That means.... that yes we are flying to India on the 16th of February. We already booked our flights last week when they told us the judge passed the order. It was a gamble as we didn’t know when the written order would come through but it seems like it was a good one. The orphanage can now apply for his passport and hopefully this will arrive by the 16th or shortly after. It doesn’t matter we are travelling regardless. We have booked for 5 weeks but it is possible we will stay longer, depending on how long it takes us to organise visa’s etc...
I have reread the written order so many times already but this is my favourite part:

First and second petitioners (that would be us J) are permitted to take the minor child outside this jurisdiction for minor’s upbringing, education and establishment in life as the natural child of the first and second petitioners.
Such sweet words ....

I will be regularly posting on the blog in preparation of the trip and during the trip so stay tuned J

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness this is exciting!!! And you are right, 2 weeks is quick!! It's been 5 weeks since I appeared before the judge for the verbal order and still no written order :(. I've heard that passports come quickly so I will be praying that yours comes quickly! CONGRATS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kristen! I am so excited. Which court are you dealing with? I'm sure it will come through soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4

frustration...

Back to school...